Pouring Out Your Heart
When your heart is hurting, broken, wounded, crushed, then be encouraged by the example of Hannah and pour out your heart before the Lord (1 Samuel 1:15).
She told Eli, the priest, who was watching her, that she was praying from the depth of her anguish and resentment:
God granted her prayer and “remembered her.” She conceived and bore a son, Samuel, one of the greatest prophets of the Lord.
Yesterday, I sat outside with my Bible, The Quiet Time Journal, and my camera, looking out over these waters. It was just after sunrise and the light was beautiful. My heart was burdened with many things and I began pouring out my heart to the Lord, and prayed specifically and passionately, as never before. Somehow, after laying it all out to the Lord, my heart was not as heavy, and His peace began filling up in my soul.
And God truly does a mighty work when you pray. Pouring out your heart and soul will move you from brokenness to great blessing.
So pour it all out to the Lord today in prayer. Prayer will move your heart from a turbulent ocean to peaceful waters as you rest in the love of the Lord.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: Before The Lord
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: Filtered rising sun lake reflections in Palm Desert, CA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 07/28/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm lens
- Photoshoot: My favorite vantage point shot toward Mount San Jacinto near our home in Palm Desert, CA.
- Post-Processing: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm lens, Photomatix Pro, Adobe Photoshop
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.