Forever OLS — Week Seven #2
A heart to see forever never forgets the view from heaven. In the darkness of the trial, remember Jesus. He is with you. He promises to never fail you or forsake you. He is the One who says, “lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age (Matthew 28:20). He is the One you need and He is the One you follow. He knows where He is taking you even if you don’t understand the narrow way or the rocky road. Sometimes the fog of the present can cloud your vision in such a way that you may be tempted to fall into despair. You may be so discouraged that you want to give up. Friend, it is always too soon to give up. The Lord is leading you and He does, indeed, have a plan for every day, every moment of your life.
In Week 7, Days 4-7 of A Heart To See Forever, The Prelude to Eternity, we studied Revelation 17-18. Following these chapters, we arrive at the jewel in Revelation — the glorious appearing of Jesus — the Second Coming of Christ. It’s just around the corner. But first we see the darkness of “the great harlot who sits on many waters” (Revelation 17:1. Babylon the Great will be judged and the ten kings who rise up to wage war against the Lamb will be conquered by the Lamb. And now, we are given the magnificent view from heaven — a view that surely encouraged John the Beloved apostle, the 7 churches of western Asia Minor, and us, the bondservants of Christ who now follow Him here on earth. It’s a view of the victorious, overcoming, conquering Lamb of God with His beloveds who are the called and chosen and faithful (Revelation 17:14).
Oh what a picture for us.
- Called — kletos — called, appointed, welcomed, invited (to a banquet). We are the ones who have received that divine call to follow Christ.
- Chosen — eklektos — choice, picked out, selected, chosen. We are chosen by God to obtain salvation through Christ and live with Him forever.
- Faithful — pistos — faithful, true, relied on, steadfast to one’s trust. We are the ones who believe in Christ and are true to Him.
Those of us who know Christ have this hope — the called, chosen, and faithful are with Him. There you have a view from heaven and a confident expectation of the rest of the story. When Christ is seen as Victor and Conqueror, He is not alone — His beloveds, the called, chosen, and faithful are with Him.
Dear friend, may that view from the future give you courage to be faithful in the present, no matter what trials cloud your view today. Octavius Winslow reminds us “how gently the Shepherd leads us along. How he goes before, straightening the crooked, and smoothing the rough places, and rolling the stone from before us!” And then there is the promise that even if the Lord leads us along a way of self-denial, difficulty and clouds, yet “it is the way home.”
So today, remember the view from heaven, that you are always with the Lamb. He will lead you safely all the way home.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
When you finish Week 7, Days 4-7, think about all you have learned this week in Revelation. How does what you’ve studied motivate you to faithfully follow your Lord?
- Title: Haystack Rock Reflections
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: Haystack Rock, Cannon Beach, Oregon, Film Backdrop for A Heart To See Forever Series.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 10/02/11
- Camera: Canon S92 Powershot, automatic.
- Photoshoot: Afternoon misty be still quiet time PhotoShoot walking on Cannon Beach, Oregon.
- Post-Processing: Photoshop, onOne Perfect Photo Suite Software
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.