A Heart On Fire OLS — Week Five
Imagine Jesus is everything you need for every circumstance of life.
Imagine Jesus will be with you and never leave or forsake you.
Imagine He is the light of the world, the bread of life, the vine, the way, the truth, and the life.
Imagine. He is. Paul said that whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away (2 Corinthians 3:16).
When our minds begin to think seriously about who Jesus claims to be, the veil begins to lift, and we see the Lord with the spiritual eyes of our heart. Paul prayed for the Ephesians that the eyes of their heart might be enlightened, so that they would know the hope of His calling, the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe (Ephesians 1:18-19). If only we will stop long enough to turn our eyes to Him and imagine, our faith will grow deeper and our hearts will begin to burn on fire for Jesus.
In Week 5 of A Heart On Fire we studied the claims of Christ – His I AM statements – all important truths for us to know.
- I am the bread of life (John 6:35)
- I am the light of the world (John 8:12)
- I am the door (John 10:9)
- I am the good shepherd (John 10:11)
- I am the resurrection and the life (John 11:25)
- I am the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6)
- I am the true vine (John 15:1, 5)
What an amazing day when Jesus told those religious leaders, “Before Abraham was born, I AM.” Oh yes dear friends, make no mistake about it. Jesus claimed to be God. When you look at the beauty of a star-filled sky or the power of waves in the water, your Lord created it. He is the Lord of creation. I imagine that when the disciples walked with Jesus, they sometimes stopped in their tracks, looked at Him, and wondered in amazement as they contemplated who He really is.
Today, will you take some time and just gaze at Jesus and worship Him?
Your assignment this week is the Week 6, Days 1-3, in A Heart On Fire.
♥ God bless you as you continue this great adventure of knowing Him!
In our discussion, I would love for all of us to share the answers to these questions: How did your study of Jesus this week help you trust Him with every circumstance, every difficulty, and every need? What was your favorite part of your study this week?
- Title: Sky On Fire
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: Sunset thunderclouds backlit by God in Palm Desert, CA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 04/13/12
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 12-24mm lens
- Photoshoot: After work sunset PhotoShoot toward hidden Mount San Jacinto in Palm Desert, CA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix Pro, Photoshop, Topaz Adjust, Nik Vivesa, Imageonics Noiseware
- Copyright ©2018 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.