Confidence To Run Your Race
It’s what we need for the big things in life. It’s what we need to draw near to the throne of grace to pray in our times of need. And it’s what we need to run our race well.
The writer of Hebrews says,
I have discovered that often it’s the burdens and responsibilities that keep me from running my race with confidence. The psalmist shows us a secret to help with those things that burden our heart. “Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken” (Psalm 55:22). When you roll your burden onto the Lord, you discover His strength is enough to run your race with ease. And then you are filled with confidence because Christ is your strength. You are able to say with Paul, “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” (Philippians 2:13).
I love this photo because it reminds me that just when you think the heat and dryness of the desert will last forever, suddenly the clouds roll in and pour out refreshing rain, bringing growth and renewal. That’s what the Lord does in our life just when we think we can’t make it and things are just too much for us to handle. He gives us what we need to make it through.
Today, be filled with confidence as you run your race in the strength of Christ!
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: Waiting For The Rain
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: Midday hot heat summer sky in Palm Desert, CA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 08/14/13
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 12-24mm wide-angle, 3 bracketed exposures.
- Photoshoot: Late Morning PhotoShoot in Palm Desert, CA.
- Post-Processing: Photomatix, Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Adjust, and Imageonic Noiseware.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.