My Quiet Time Basket
Do you ever spend a lot of time in the morning gathering together your materials for your quiet time?
Then you discover that by the time you’re ready to finally draw near to God, your quiet time is over!
I found a solution many years ago that has helped prepare me for time alone with the Lord. For years now I have put all my quiet time materials in a basket. I call it my quiet time basket. I thought it might be helpful to share what is currently in my basket.
So what do I actually have in my quiet time basket?
- My Bible. I’m currently using both the NIV and the NASB in my quiet time. The NIV sits in my main QT basket.
- The Quiet Time Notebook from Quiet Time Ministries (of course). This is a favorite resource for my quiet time and has been for many years now.
- Operation World – a great tool to pray for different countries throughout the world.
- The Hebrew-Greek Key Study Bible – probably one of my favorite tools in quiet time. I use it to look up the meaning of words as I spend time in God’s Word.
- Linguistic Key To The Greek New Testament – great tool for looking up word meanings.
- Hymnbook – Hymns for the Family of God – love this hymnbook.
- Daily Light
- The Valley Of Vision
- My Utmost For His Highest
- Praying God’s Will For My Husband
- Read Through The Bible In A Year reading plan.
- Encounter With God Bible reading plan (by Scripture Union)
- 3 x 5 cards
- Reading glasses (ahem)
- Pens, pencils
- Silk flowers (oh, why not!)
Now, that’s just the beginning of the resources I love to use in my quiet time.
But what happens when you have an overflow of books and materials and they don’t all fit in your basket?
Easy — you get another quiet time basket.
In the second one, I’m able to fit all my marking pens, devotionals, and even another Bible.
So what’s in my quiet time basket #2?
- New International Inductive Study Bible – NASB (a favorite)
- Streams In The Desert by Mrs. Charles Cowman
- Springs In The Valley by Mrs. Charles Cowman
- A Psalm In Your Heart by George O. Wood (commentary on all the Psalms)
- Voices From The Past – Puritan Devotional Readings
- The Best Of John Henry Jowett
- Parables Of The Cross and Parables Of The Christ Life by Lilias Trotter
- Pigma Pens
- Pentel Multi-Colored Pencils
- iPod Touch
- More Reading glasses (ahem)
I love having all these resources from both my quiet time baskets available for my quiet time. It’s fun to be able to choose different books and have multiple options available. I have certain things I like to do every day and others that I focus on periodically. If you want more information about how to really have a quiet time, please see my signature works, Six Secrets to a Powerful Quiet Time and Knowing & Loving the Bible.
♥ God bless you in the great adventure of knowing Him!
Psalm 16:1 — About Life — About The Lord — And Just About Everything Else
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.