A Daily Devotional Day
What do you do when you find yourself falling into discouragement because of pressing circumstances?
What if you just need a time of refreshing?
I encourage you to make your quiet time a daily devotional day.
I sat down for quiet time with the Lord today and felt my heart sinking under numerous responsibilities. I began by writing my thoughts in The Quiet Time Journal, just being myself with the Lord. And the thought came to my mind, “Why not just pull together all your favorite daily devotionals and meditate on the words and Scripture?” I have done this in the past and reaped rich results.
So I grabbed some favorites —
- Daily Light on the Daily Path
- My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers
- Streams in the Desert by Mrs. Charles Cowman
- Springs in the Valley by Mrs. Charles Cowman
- Voices from the Past — Puritan Devotional Readings
- This Day with the Master by Dennis Kinlaw
- A Blossom in the Desert — Reflections of Faith in the Art and Daily Writings of Lilias Trotter
My time with the Lord was so rich as I lived in each of these devotionals. Amazingly, each devotion seemed perfect and directed to me personally with my struggles, challenges, joys, and current life experience.
God knows exactly what we need and knows exactly when we need to hear specific encouragements and challenges.
Here are some of the best nuggets from these wonderful devotionals —
May the Lord richly bless you this day — a daily devotional day.
♥ God bless you in the great adventure of knowing Him!
Psalm 16:1 — About Life — About The Lord — And Just About Everything Else
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.