True Wisdom And Understanding
Where do you begin if you’ve been wondering what life is all about?
And where do you begin again if you feel as though you’ve lost your way?
The secret is to worship and know the Lord, the Creator of the Universe, the Holy One who made you and designed you with plan and purpose.
God says in His Word —
This verse in Proverbs is filled with great spiritual truth. To fear the LORD means to have a reverential awe-inspired humble attitude and position before the LORD who loves you. You are in awe of the Lord because you have become aware of His majesty, His greatness, and His holiness. I remember a night many years ago when I looked up at a star-filled sky and suddenly became overwhelmed with the fact that God had created this glorious and grand universe. I thought, “Who am I that God would love me?” And yet, He does love us and even has an incredible plan for us.
So dear friend, worship the Lord.
To know God is not an academic acquiring of facts about God, but an intimate experiential relationship with Him. If you would know God, then you will spend time with Him.
So dear friend, draw near to the Lord.
I was out walking in the desert one morning and I saw this driftwood in the sand on a path leading up to a magnificent sunrise. There are things to be laid down, surrenders to make, and earthly interests to abandon on the highway to knowing and loving God. And there are rocks along the way, but as Warren Wiersbe reminds us, “the bumps are what you climb on.” If you are being tested just now, then you can know that the Lord is calling you near to Himself, to “taste and see” that He is in fact good, kind, caring and compassionate (Psalm 34:8).
Thomas Case writes —
So dear friend, draw near to the Lord — discover the great secret to life, wisdom, and understanding.
God bless you dear friend, as you continue on in the great adventure of knowing Him.
♥ Blessings and Grace to You!
- Title: True Wisdom And Understanding
- Request This Image > SmugMug Image Request
- Description: On a myPhotoWalk quiet time in the desert, I saw these interesting textures and pieces of driftwood in the sand on a path leading to a beautiful sunrise in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Creator: Catherine Martin
- Date Created: 07/12/14
- Camera: Nikon D800E, 16.0-35.0 mm, Focal Length 32.0 mm, f/16.0, Exposure 1/160 sec, ISO 1250.
- Photoshoot: Sunrise PhotoShoot in Palm Desert, California, USA.
- Post-Processing: Adobe Photoshop, Macphun Software, Nik Software.
- Copyright ©2017 Catherine Martin — myPhotoWalk — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
Request this post’s image to be made available in Catherine’s SmugMug Portfolio!
Submit Once – Check Your Email.
myPhotoWalk.com — Devotional Photography
2 Peter 3:18 — Beholding His Beauty — Experiencing His Blessings — Living In His Word
Copyright © 2017 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.