Johnny Mann Quiet Time
The Quiet Time Song — Glorify His Name In Quiet Time — Audio CD
Johnny Mann Interview — The Quiet Time Song Recording Session — 33:41
Copyright © 2018 Catherine Martin — Quiet Time Ministries. All Rights Reserved.
It was Tuesday, April 16, 2002, 1:00p.m. Johnny Mann, twice Grammy Award winner, came through the doors of The Bakery Recording Studios, Burbank, California, with only one thing on his mind. Quiet Time. Conversations halted. Heads turned. All eyes focused on the musical legend, a man who commanded respect for his past accomplishments – and his future vision. Johnny Mann came to the Lord during Bible studies while in production on his beloved CBS-TV series, Stand Up And Cheer from 1971 to 1973. And his faith has been written as an easygoing smile on his handsome face ever since. But today, his mind is centered on the recording of a brand new composition — Quiet Time — to headline his new Quiet Time audio recording with the Johnny Mann Singers.
Fast forward a few decades or so from his start in Hollywood arranging scores for seven full-length motion pictures for Warner Brothers, Twentieth Century Fox and Columbia Studios, to his wife’s volunteer church activities near their California desert home in 1999. Betty Mann, the director of Friendship Link, became fast friends with Catherine Martin, the new Director of Women’s Ministries at Southwest Community Church in Indian Wells, California, and not coincidentally Founder of Quiet Time Ministries. It wasn’t long before the term quiet time began bouncing around inside the musically active mind of Johnny Mann. The wonderful result — the Quiet Time song.
- Five GRAMMY AWARD nominations and TWO GRAMMY AWARDS
- Thirty-nine albums arranged and conducted for his Johnny Mann Singers
- Chevrolet’s weekly syndicated CBS-TV series, Stand Up and Cheer
- Choral director of the NBC Comedy Hour.
- Musical director of the original Alvin and The Chipmunks TV series — He sang the voice of Theodore
- Worked over the years with George Gobel, Johnny Mathis, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Julie London, Steve Allen, and Danny Kaye
- Composer, arranger, and producer of hundreds of radio and TV product commercials, as well as his original radio station I.D. Jingle Packages
So here we are today — April 16, 2002, 1:00p.m, at the recording studio in Hollywood, the Johnny Mann Singers all warmed up, engineers at the ready over the mammoth sound board, and Johnny Mann approaching the music stand in the recording booth. He puts on his earphones, raises his hands and — Well, you be the judge. Catherine Martin invites you to come along with her to remember the recording session of Quiet Time in a heart-warming 34 minute interview with the beloved Johnny Mann.
Special Thanks from Johnny Mann …
In writing the song, Quiet Time, the Lord truly used me in His purpose of letting more of the world know about His precious servant, Catherine Martin … It is a blessing and a privilege to be working with her.